• Welcome to Football News and Gambling Guide - Obscenitycrimes.org.

Zigic set to make a comeback within a week

Started by Danny, March 19, 2013, 07:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny

The tallest footballer of the world, who apparently had a worst training session last week, is being called up again by the same manager: Lee Clark, who accused him of showing negative attitude during the training session just few days ago. It was like a flip flop from his side when he decided to call him back for Birmingham's Wednesday clash with Sheffield. Last week, when he was axed by the manager, he cited the reason as he was not serious to his training and that is why he had to sideline him which did not work coz Birmingham lost to Hornets by 4-0 on Saturday. The defeat made him change his decision though he never accepted his assessment was wrong a week ago considering the circumstances at that time. Now, he is saying he never wanted to leave him out for a longer period of time coz he considers him as an integral part of the squad. He said, "I'll be having a chat with Nikola. He trained very well on Sunday, by all accounts from the staff and what I have seen on his GPS stats. He has really worked harder than any player. I will have a conversation with him, and we'll see where we go. Hopefully he'll be involved, and he'll make us win the game. But it's been a tough few days, I've got to say."

Birmingham has to play its next match with improving Owls coming Tuesday and Clark is making it sure they don't lose more matches. He also made a comeback call to Keith Fahey, Republic of Ireland midfielder, who has not played any match for them since mid-November. Despite his absence from the field, he was continuously practicing to maintain his fitness for a sudden call which is what happening now. Clark said over his call to Keith Fahey, "Our objective now is, without risking injury, to get him back quickly and as safely as possible. Whether that's two weeks, four weeks, a couple of development games, we can get him to the level where he can be what he is - a big influence on the team."

Actually, there seems to be a problem between these two and Clark's comeback call to Zigic is being taken as his face saving move after devastating defeat on Saturday. However, Clark is completely denying all these bust-up allegations with Serbian striker and says it is part of the game to rest a player and suddenly call him back in the next match, if needed.